On this remarkable site, the work of guitarist Bradford Werner, there are all sorts of up to date guitar related news, hints, interviews, helpful reviews and videos. Included is a Lesson Archive (link below).
Better have a look if you don’t already know it!
This page has a list of classical guitar lessons and videos.
The links are free and are filled with articles and videos on how to play classical guitar.
It’s a great resource for general technique for both beginners and more advanced players.
Bradford has made most of the lessons himself but there is also a section called “General Lessons from Others” where you’ll see professional guitarists talk about technique or give specific lessons on topics.
In addition to the free lessons in the link you may wish to check one of Bradford’s books:
- 20 Favorite Exercises PDF (24 pages, notation, TAB, fingerings, tips): $9.95
- A Method for Students & Teachers Volume I • Beginner (PDF, 88 pages, FREE)
- A Method for Students & Teachers Volume II • Intermediate (PDF, 109 pages, $ 14.99)
Technique Reference Photos with Diagrams for Classical Guitar
Videos & Posts via Bradford & Guests
General Lessons from Others
Lessons from Bradford’s ebook:
- No. 1 – Right Hand Walking
- No. 2 – Basic Left Hand Position Exercise
- No. 3 – Left Hand Position: Horizontal Builders
- No. 4 – Basic Arpeggios + Full & Sequential Planting
- No. 5 – Basic Tremelo Exercise for Classical Guitar
- No. 6 – Left Hand Slur Exercise: Vertical Builder
- No. 7 – Left Hand Slur Exercise: Horizontal Builder
- No. 8 – Right Hand Cross-String Exercise
- No. 9 – Basic Rasgueado Exercise
- No. 10 – Fixed Position Exercise for the Left Hand
- No. 11 – Scale Exercise: Destination Points
- No. 12 – Scale Exercise: Rhythmic Vitality
- No. 13 – Scale Exercise: Articulation and Dynamics
- No. 14 – Slurs and Shifts Combo Exercise
- No. 15 – All-In-One-Arpeggio Pattern
- No. 16 – Barre Exercise for Guitar
- No. 17 – C Major Exercise in Thirds, Sixths, and Octaves
- No. 18 – Chromatic Scale in Octaves
- No. 19 – Scale Etude (alternating i,m)
- No. 20 – Triads & Arpeggios Etude
Flamenco Influenced Lessons
General topics practicingmusician.com